Since the Licensing Act 2003 came into force in November 2005, a new system of Premises Licensing was set up this was to be enforced by the Local Authority, rather than the Court.

If you intend to sell alcohol, late night refreshment or provide ‘licensable activities’ from a particular venue them a premises licence will be required.

Licensable Activities Include:

  • Selling alcohol
  • Serving hot food and drinks between 11pm and 5am
  • Theatrical performance
  • Showing of film/movies
  • Indoor sporting events
  • Boxing or wrestling, both indoor and outdoor
  • Live and recorded music
  • Dancing facilities

All new Premises Licence Applications must be accompanied by a scaled Premises Licence Plan of the premises.

Drawing Board Plan Shot

The plan must show the following:

  • The extent of the boundary of the building
  • The location of points of access to and egress from the premises
  • The location of escape routes from the premises
  • In a case where the premises is used for more than one existing licensable activity, the area within the premises used for each activity
  • In a case where an existing licensable activity relates to the supply of alcohol, the location or locations on the premises which is or are used for consumption of alcohol
  • Fixed structures (including furniture) or similar objects temporarily in a fixed location (but not furniture) which may impact on the ability of individuals on the premises to use exits or escape routes without impediment
  • In a case where the premises includes a stage or raised area, the location and height of each stage or area relative to the floor
  • In a case where the premises includes any steps, stairs, elevators or lifts, the location of the steps, stairs, elevators or lifts
  • In a case where the premises includes any room or rooms containing public conveniences, the location of the room or rooms
  • The location and type of any fire safety and any other safety equipment
  • The location of a kitchen, if any, on the premises

If you require Premises Licensing Plans then please get in touch for further information.